Saturday 28 February 2009

Spent a lovely afternoon yesterday (Friday) in school at the St David's Day Concert. Unfortunately I couldn't be there in the morning, but fellow Governor Denise Ellis and invited guests (Gordon Norman - Ex Chair of Governors, Lynda Leek - Ex Teacher and Beryl Shepstone) did a sterling job of judging the entries. The competitions I did see, singing and poetry were brilliant! We have a very talented lot of pupils.

I spent the afternoon presenting the various certificates to children from aged 3 to 11 years. Well done to Mr Williams for having to keep dashing into the middle of the hall, and taking a very large number of photos of the winners for the blog - I've never had to smile so much!

Thank you to all the staff who looked lovely in their Welsh costumes and a special thanks to Mrs C Davies who organised the event for yet another year. Finally a big thank you to all the children who took part - you did brilliantly, and I'm going to make sure I can be there all day next year!